Monday, November 26, 2007

Hit my treadmill for the first time in about 7 months

Well, today was the first day since early last spring that I was forced to run on my treadmill this winter (well, late fall anyway). I've always much-preferred running outdoors, but when we flip to standard time from daylight-savings time (so it gets a lot darker earlier) and the sidewalks start to get slick, I end up needing to do my workouts in a safer, though much more boring, environment.

So down to the treadmill I go.

The interesting thing is that I had the treadmill set at a relatively-normal pace for myself, and it felt "right" compared to how I would feel outdoors, but my Nike+ was measuring it "short" - that is, it was measuring probably about 0.02-0.03 miles short each mile I ran and the pace reported by my Nike+ during the run was consistently about 10-15 seconds slower than the treadmill and my body were telling me I was going. Bummer.

I'll have to figure out if I need to calibrate the thing for my treadmill, I guess.

No comments: