Monday, December 31, 2007

Belle Isle Fun Run

Well, today I ran the 38th annual Belle Isle 4 Mile Fun Run and the kids (along with a couple of the neighbor kids) ran the 1 Mile kid run as well.

It was a nice day for a run (considering the date) - about 32 degrees at race time (3PM for the kids, 4PM for the 4 mile run), overcast and no real wind to speak of.

My son ran a very excellent 7:35 in the mile, which was much better than his goal and he came in 10th overall, so that was awesome!

My daughter ran with her two friends, one of whom wasn't feeling very good, so they didn't have a good time but they enjoyed the run (and I *love* the fact that my daughter is willing and able to do this - I can't even imagine having done a 1 mile run when I was her age!)

I ran a very satisfying 29:27 for myself - about a 7:21 pace, so I was very happy with that. Based on my ForeRunner, I ran a 7:14 first mile, then a 7:26, 7:27 and finished with a 7:22. Very nice and even. I am very, very happy with my performance today.

Now the next road race will likely be the Super Bowl Sunday run I ran a few years ago. Not sure when that will be, though.

No comments: