Wednesday, April 19, 2006

April 2006 Reading!

Been very busy late reading. In my last update on what I'm reading, I had just started reading The Big Over Easy: A Nursery Crime. I finished that about a week and a half ago and really enjoyed it. Jasper Fforde has a real funny and unique way of combining stories you know as "real" with the detective genre. I really enjoyed the murder-mystery about Humpty Dumpty in this and it kept me guessing. Highly recommended.

Since then, I've been reading a couple of recommendations from my son - first, Ulysses Moore: The Door to Time was entertaining but felt a LOT like it really should have been like the first quarter of a full book. Trying to stretch it out into a series like I haven't seen before...

The second, Percy Jackson and the Olympians: The Lightning Thief, was a much better book and I really enjoyed the combination of the classic Greek mythology stories with a kid-oriented contemporary story line. It felt like it would really appear to a lot of kids for a lot of reasons. I'd recommend it to any 10 year old boy :-).

I'm just about to start a new book I picked up kind of at random at Border's this past weekend - I hadn't planned to get it, but picked up the paper back in the store and thought it looked interesting - it's titled The Mask of Atreus and from the blurb on the back sounds a whole lot like The DaVinci Code. We shall see.

No comments: