Sunday, December 09, 2007

A Dark Week in Running

So, this last week I had to continue doing most of my running on my treadmill. Dark and dreary in the basement (well, not all that dark, but boring to look at!).

I also continued to be annoyed by the discrepancy between the treadmill and my iPod. As I mentioned last week, I took a mile last Sunday to calibrate it, but it doesn't seem to have affected it much - it's still off. But, on the positive side of things, despite having to run most of the days on the treadmill, I did manage to get outside Friday and run a bit over 6 miles. It was good. I also ended up with yet another weekly high for me on the Nike+ - just about 25.85 miles, up from about 25.1 a week earlier.

Today, I managed to get out just about noon for my weekly long run - though I'd heard that we were due for some sleet and freezing rain. Luckily, I think I got out early enough to avoid that, though there was a bit of snow about. I got in a very good 8.55 mile run, which is my longest on the Nike+. Yeah! I also felt very good, though the last mile was a bit tiring!

No comments: